Alabama Health Insurance
Are you looking to purchase Alabama health insurance? We offer many health insurance products for individuals and families such as yourself! Contact us today to start saving money!
Health Insurance Products Available in Alabama
The following top health insurance carriers are available in your state:
Our Recent Blog Posts about Alabama
Next Tuesday, October 1, 2013, marks the first day of open enrollment for President Obama’s Affordable Care Act. The expectation is that 7 million uninsured Americans will be enrolling into a qualified health plan over the next six months of the open enrollment season. It is a requirement from the federal government that all agents […]
Fort Wayne, Indiana (PRWEB) August 19, 2013 As the Affordable Care Act approaches full implementation, America’s Health Insurance is taking the first steps to become a registered and certified agent in the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace Exchange. They will be able to assist customers in purchasing health insurance through the healthcare.gov website. According to HHS, […]
Alabama Health Statistics
How healthy is Alabama? According to United Health Foundation, Alabama ranks #45 out of the 50 states (where #1 is the healthiest).
- Low prevalence of binge drinking- 13.7% Adult Population, Rank #4
- High per capita public health funding- $116 per person, Rank #10
- High immunization coverage- 92.2% of children ages 19 to 35 months, Rank #14
- High prevalence of smoking- 24.3% of adult population, Rank #41
- High prevalence of obesity (32%, #47), sedentary lifestyle (32.6%, #46), & diabetes (11.8%, #46).
- High Prevalence of low birth rate (10.3%, #48) & high infant mortality rate (8.9 deaths per 1,000 live births, #48).
*All the statistics for Alabama were found on the 2012 America’s Health Rankings conducted by United Health Foundation.