Iowa Health Insurance
Are you looking to purchase Iowa health insurance? We offer many health insurance products for individuals and families such as yourself! Contact us today to start saving money!
In the state of Iowa, we provide service to the cities of Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, and the surrounding areas.
Health Insurance Products Available in Iowa
The following top health insurance carriers are available in your state:
Our Recent Blog Posts about Iowa
Next Tuesday, October 1, 2013, marks the first day of open enrollment for President Obama’s Affordable Care Act. The expectation is that 7 million uninsured Americans will be enrolling into a qualified health plan over the next six months of the open enrollment season. It is a requirement from the federal government that all agents […]
Fort Wayne, Indiana (PRWEB) August 19, 2013 As the Affordable Care Act approaches full implementation, America’s Health Insurance is taking the first steps to become a registered and certified agent in the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace Exchange. They will be able to assist customers in purchasing health insurance through the healthcare.gov website. According to HHS, […]
Iowa Health Statistics
How healthy is Iowa? According to United Health Foundation, Iowa ranks #20 out of the 50 states (where #1 is the healthiest).
- High rate of high school graduation- 85.7% of incoming ninth graders, Rank #5
- Low percentage of children in poverty- 13.1% of persons under age 18, Rank #6
- Few poor mental health days per month- 3.0 days in previous 30 days, Rank #3
- Few physical health days per month- 3.0 days in previous 30 days, Rank #2
- High prevalence of binge drinking- 23.1% of adult population, Rank #48
- Limited availability of primary care physicians- 84.3 (number per 100,000 population), Rank #46
- High incidence of infectious disease- 17.0 cases per 100,000 population, Rank #46
*All the statistics for Iowa were found on the 2012 America’s Health Rankings conducted by United Health Foundation.