Maryland Health Insurance
Are you looking to purchase Maryland health insurance? We offer many health insurance products for individuals and families such as yourself! Contact us today to start saving money!
Health Insurance Products Available in Maryland
The following top health insurance carriers are available in your state:
Our Recent Blog Posts about Maryland
Obamacare has become the only game in town when it comes to individual health insurance, yet as most of us know, the rules of the game change almost everyday. As we approach the second open enrollment period, there are a lot of significant updates and they will now be coming fast and furious. Starting today, I will provide a compilation of the news that is relevant to Individual Health Insurance across the country.
Subsidies…it’s a word looming around daily on the news, but not many Americans understand what it exactly means for them. According to a recent poll conducted by The Kaiser Family Foundation, 42% of Americans are unaware that the Affordable Care Act is an actual law. Of that 42 percent, 23% say they don’t know enough […]
Maryland Health Statistics
How healthy is Maryland? According to United Health Foundation, Maryland ranks #19 out of the 50 states (where #1 is the healthiest).
- Low prevalence of smoking- 19.1% of Adult Population, Rank #11
- Low percentage of children in poverty- 11.3% of persons under age 18, Rank #2
- Ready availability of primary care physicians- 173.8 per 100,000 population, Rank #2
- High violent crime rate- 548 offenses per 100,000 population, Rank #43
- High prevalence of low birthrate- 8.8% of live births, Rank #38
- High infant mortality rate- 7.6 deaths per 1,000 live births, Rank #41
- High levels of air pollution- 10.9 micrograms of fine particles per cubic meter, Rank #40
*All the statistics for Maryland were found on the 2012 America’s Health Rankings conducted by United Health Foundation.