North Carolina Health Insurance
Are you looking to purchase North Carolina health insurance? We offer many health insurance products for individuals and families such as yourself! Contact us today to start saving money!
Health Insurance Products Available in North Carolina
The following top health insurance carriers are available in your state:
Our Recent Blog Posts about North Carolina
Next Tuesday, October 1, 2013, marks the first day of open enrollment for President Obama’s Affordable Care Act. The expectation is that 7 million uninsured Americans will be enrolling into a qualified health plan over the next six months of the open enrollment season. It is a requirement from the federal government that all agents […]
Fort Wayne, Indiana (PRWEB) August 19, 2013 As the Affordable Care Act approaches full implementation, America’s Health Insurance is taking the first steps to become a registered and certified agent in the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace Exchange. They will be able to assist customers in purchasing health insurance through the healthcare.gov website. According to HHS, […]
North Carolina Health Statistics
How healthy is North Carolina? According to United Health Foundation, North Carolina ranks #33 out of the 50 states (where #1 is the healthiest).
- Low prevalence of binge drinking- 15.2% Adult Population, Rank #7
- Low incidence of infectious disease- 8.7 cases per 100,000 population, Rank #18
- Few poor mental health days per month- 3.7 days in previous 30 days, Rank #19
- Few poor physical health days per month- 3.8 days in previous 30 days, Rank #19
- Low per capita public health funding- $51 per person, Rank #42
- High prevalence of diabetes, 10.9% of adult population, Rank #42.
- High infant mortality rate- 8.1 deaths per 1,000 live births, Rank #46
- High prevalence of low birth weight- 9.1% of live births, Rank #44
*All the statistics for North Carolina were found on the 2012 America’s Health Rankings conducted by United Health Foundation.