South Carolina Health Insurance
Are you looking to purchase South Carolina health insurance? We offer many health insurance products for individuals and families such as yourself! Contact us today to start saving money!
The following top health insurance carriers are available in your state:
Our Recent Blog Posts about South Carolina
Next Tuesday, October 1, 2013, marks the first day of open enrollment for President Obama’s Affordable Care Act. The expectation is that 7 million uninsured Americans will be enrolling into a qualified health plan over the next six months of the open enrollment season. It is a requirement from the federal government that all agents […]
Fort Wayne, Indiana (PRWEB) August 19, 2013 As the Affordable Care Act approaches full implementation, America’s Health Insurance is taking the first steps to become a registered and certified agent in the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace Exchange. They will be able to assist customers in purchasing health insurance through the healthcare.gov website. According to HHS, […]
South Carolina Health Statistics
How healthy is South Carolina? According to United Health Foundation, South Carolina ranks #46 out of the 50 states (where #1 is the healthiest).
- Low prevalence of binge drinking- 15.4% of adult population, Rank #8
- Moderate rate of preventable hospitalizations- 61.2 (number per 1,000 Medicare enrollees), Rank #24
- High prevalence of low birth weight- 9.9% of live births, Rank #49
- Low high school graduation rate- 66.0% of incoming ninth graders, Rank #47
- High percentage of children in poverty- 26.3% of persons under age 18, Rank #48
- High prevalence of diabetes- 12.1% of adult population, Rank #49
*All the statistics for South Carolina were found on the 2012 America’s Health Rankings conducted by United Health Foundation.