West Virginia Health Insurance
Are you looking to purchase West Virginia health insurance? We offer many health insurance products for individuals and families such as yourself! Contact us today to start saving money!
In the state of West Virginia, we provide service to the cities of Charleston, Huntington, Parkersburg, Morgantown, Wheeling, and the surrounding areas.
The following top health insurance carriers are available in your state:
Our Recent Blog Posts about West Virginia
Next Tuesday, October 1, 2013, marks the first day of open enrollment for President Obama’s Affordable Care Act. The expectation is that 7 million uninsured Americans will be enrolling into a qualified health plan over the next six months of the open enrollment season. It is a requirement from the federal government that all agents […]
Fort Wayne, Indiana (PRWEB) August 19, 2013 As the Affordable Care Act approaches full implementation, America’s Health Insurance is taking the first steps to become a registered and certified agent in the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace Exchange. They will be able to assist customers in purchasing health insurance through the healthcare.gov website. According to HHS, […]
West Virginia Health Statistics
How healthy is West Virginia? According to United Health Foundation, West Virginia ranks #47 out of the 50 states (where #1 is the healthiest).
- Low prevalence of binge drinking- 10.1% of adult population, Rank #2
- High per capita public health funding- $129 per person, Rank #4
- Low incidence of infectious disease- 6.7 cases per 100,000 population, Rank #9
- High prevalence of smoking- 28.6% of adult population, Rank #49
- high prevalence of sedentary lifestyle- 35.1% of adult population, Rank #48
- High prevalence of obesity- 32.4% of adult population, Rank #48
- High prevalence of diabetes- 12.0% of adult population, Rank #48
- High rate of preventable hospitalizations- 99.1 per 1,000 Medicare enrollees, Rank #49
*All the statistics for West Virginia were found on the 2012 America’s Health Rankings conducted by United Health Foundation.